The Colorado Chapter of SCI held it’s annual dinner and fun-draiser on March 15 with a sold out crowd at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Colorado Springs.

27Pictured is Roberta Howery, the Colorado Chapter Member of the Year. Congrats to Roberta and thanks for all of her hard work over the years. She was presented with a giclee painting of her favorite dogs, labrador puppies.

This event set a record and raised over $100,000 for conservation, education and humanitarian projects in Colorado. SCI keeps 70% of the money to be used locally and the other 30% is sent to SCI National to be used for projects in the US and around the world.

The big winners of the evening were the attendees, but some folks bought raffle tickets for the Colorado Moose license, a Benelli Supernova Shotgun and a 30.06 CZ-USA rifle that was donated by Midsouth Shooters Supply.

Here are the winners of the raffles:

Douglas Schelhaas from Aurora Colorado

Benelli Supernova Shotgun
Brian Delany from Colorado Springs

CZ_USA 30.06 Rifle and Scope
Brett Valette of Superior Colorado

Timothy Quinn from Colorado Springs won the Gun Safe and 5 Guns donated by Kevin Craft of Rocky Mountain Metalcraft.

Brain Beavers from Pierceville Kansas was at our event and won the .270 Weatherby that was donated by Holladay Grace Roofing.

John Maine from Woodland Park won the table sponsor gun (companies or individuals who bought a table and had 10 guests were entered into a special drawing) He won a .300 Weatherby Vanguard.

Jim Hipps from Colorado Springs won the 17HMR

Jay Furney from Pueblo won the 7mm08

Thanks to everyone that attended and if you are not a member of SCI you can click on the Join SCI button at the top and download a membership application and fill it out and send it to us and we will get you set with a chapter membership as well as a national membership and the cost is only $85 for the year. If you are already a national member and want to be a part of the best chapter in the state, fill it out and return it with $30. You can fax the application or mail it. (Fax to 719-630-3329)

Put March 14, 2009 on your calendar now for next year’s dinner!